2010 South Central Athletic Conference Cross Country
District V Championships
Date: October 28, 2010
Venue: Apple Ridge Run – Home of Highland High School
2:00 – Coaches meeting at the starting line
2:15 – Race officials meeting
2:40 – National Anthem
2:50 – Introduction of the girls’ teams/starting line inspection
3:00 – Varsity girls’ race – 3 miles
3:35 – Introduction of the boys’ teams/starting line inspection
3:45 – Boys’ varsity race – 3 miles
4:45 – Awards
Involved Schools: Cle Elum/Roslyn, Connell, Goldendale, Granger, Highland, Kiona-Benton, Naches
Valley, Royal, Wahluke, and Zillah
1. Please enter up to nine girls and boys on athletic.net by Monday, October 25th.
2. Course availability – The course can be used leading up to race day.
3. Driving directions:
a. From HWY 12 West (heading towards Naches), take the 40th Avenue Exit into Yakima.
b. Stay on 40th Ave. for about 1.5 miles and take a right on Summitview.
c. Continue west on Summitview for almost 10 miles (towards Cowiche).
d. While on Summitview, you’ll eventually head down a steep grade into the Cowiche Valley (before you get to the city of Cowiche). At the bottom of the grade on the right is a log cabin called the Summitview Cowiche Veterinary Clinic. Take the right just past the clinic on Weikel Road.
e. Stay on Weikel for nearly a mile and turn right on Zimmerman Road.
f. After a mile up Zimmerman, turn left on Naches Heights Road.
g. Stay on Naches Heights Road for a ½ mile and turn left onto Wherry Road (there’s a big red sign there to welcome you).
h. After a ¼ mile down Wherry Road, you’ll see the course and signs for parking.
Meet Day Information:
1. The course will be open at 1:00 P.M.
a. Busses will parallel park on the north end of the course (near the fire station) like we did during our invitational.
b. Spectators will park in the designated parking area on Wherry Road.
3. Coaches Meeting – 2:00 at the starting line
a. submit change form if needed
b. team packets
c. lottery for starting line assignments
d. introduce meet officials
e. other business
4. Tree Top of Selah will be providing athletes and coaches with apple snacks.
5. National Federation rules in relation to uniforms will be in effect. Please check your athletes’ attire as it will be inspected at the starting line. Our goal – NO UNIFORM DISQUALIFICATIONS.
6. The finish line will be videotaped during each race.
7. Awards ceremony:
a. each team gets a hard copy of the results
b. league team champion trophies
c. ribbons to individual state qualifiers (15 boys, 10 girls)
d. All-League certificates (7 honorable mention, 7 2nd team, 7 1st team)
e. district team plaques to winners (3 boys teams to state, 2 for girls)
8. Admission will be charged at a gate near the spectator parking - $6 for adults and $4 for students.
9. Please bring an extra singlet for our finish gate!